To further develop the event, we conducted a survey among the participants. The survey was ran from October 9 - 19, 2018.
We would like to thank all those who participated in this survey. Your feedback, and especially
all the comments we received are very useful guidelines for planning and implementing next year's event!
"We were very fortunate with the weather that day, Always it is a fun event, the food and entertainment was great. Great work to the golf committee."
Statement from a North American participant
"Great event!! Happy to be back on the course and played this one again!! Very nice flight, even with HDC between 2 to 36...myself!!!"
Statement from a European participant.
"It was a very enjoyable round with good members playing together. Also I found all arrangements excellent especially food and beverages on course. I would like to participate again if I have a chance next year."
Statement from a Japanese participant.
WINNERS OF THE DRAWING
We will draw two winners among the survey respondents.
Two winners for weekday golf round for four persons at Atsugi Kokusai C.C
Toshimichi Kida (EU)
Klaus Meder (EU)
The winners have been notified.
The survey was announced to 114 participants. We did not have email addresses to some of the guests and the organizers were excluded from the total of 155 players that participated in the event.
We received 47 valid responses after removing multiple and incomplete entries.
Thus the response rate is 41.2%, which can be considered good and gives a high statistical significance to the results. 24 of the respondents represented Team Europe, 23 Team North America.
The numbers and graphs below speak for themselves. To see the comments from respondents, scroll down or click here.
1. General opinion about the event?
2. The Course
3. Food & Beverage Service
On the course
At the party
5. Pace of play
6. Main reason why I participated
7. Cost of participation
8. Would you like to play next years event again at Atsugi Kokusai C.C.
COMMENTS FROM RESPONDENTS
34 respondents also gave some comments. Below are all of them, only with minor editing and some shortened for clarity.
NOTE: Comments from respondents have been split up into below categories, where applicable.
Comments about the club, course and play
As hoped for, a fun day (my first time to join) and a great opportunity to participate in wider CC community while meeting new connections. Many thanks again to all involved in the organization.
- Excellent arrangements once again. Enjoyable event in relaxed atmosphere. Thank you!
- Dear all staff, Thank you very much for your acceptance to enter as a member of the players even though I am a beginner. I had wonderful opportunity to meet members to build my business relationship. I will practice my golf skill and hopefully I would like to join in this event next year, again. Thank you so much for your preparation and support. I sincerely appreciate all of you.
- Enjoyed it very much. Caddy was friendly and modest.
- Good & Exciting event Thank you for all of your arrangement
- Great event this year. Always generally well organized and prizes are a big attraction. The Chambers do a great job bringing together corporate member sponsorships that really attract high level executive participants. Looking forward to many more years of playing the Mercedes-Benz - Cole Haan Cup.
- Thank you every arrangements and great task force !
- We hope to be a sponsor to support this joint chamber event next year!
- Great event! Even though I haven't played in nearly 20 years, my teammates were patient and super friendly...and our team just great! Will now restart practicing golf! See you next year!
- Great event!! Happy to be back on the course and played this one again!! Very nice flight, even with HDC between 2 to 36...myself!!!
- Thanks as always to the organizing team!!
- I personally appreciate Clas-san's marvelous arrangements, and good luck his another life in Portugal! Thank you very much indeed for all those concerned for arrangements and organizations!
- Thank you for the fun time!
- I thought the event was smooth and well done this year. Enjoyed the day and good chance to catch up with familiar faces. Goodies bag was well loaded : ). Best to date?
- It was a very enjoyable round with good members playing together. Also I found all arrangements excellent especially food and beverages on course. I would like to participate again if I have a chance next year.
- I've been participating many years now and really enjoy the event. I personally prefer a faster pace of play but understand that with the numbers of participants this can be difficult.
- Overall very nice and enjoyable event. Overall a really enjoyable time and no big complaints. Barring some unforeseen circumstances, I'm sure I am back next year.
- Would like to thank all of the task force members for organizing the great event. And a special thanks to Clas!
- Please increase pairing of Japanese with non-Japanese, rather than make all Japanese pairing, to make it more international. Other than that it was most enjoyable event and I would like to thank the organizer.
- Thank you for your all arrangements. They were so excellent!
- The attention to detail is excellent, that is what makes this event so much better than the other Chamber golf tournaments and other amateur golf events serving the international community. It's just far better than the others!
- Very good event :)
- We were very fortunate with the weather that day, Always it is a fun event, the food and entertainment was great. Great work to the golf committee.
Comments about food and drinks
- The course is now really an entrenched part of this event. Changing would be a major event. Generally everyone knows this event at this course. No need to change in my opinion. The course is being invested in and being improved and this bodes well for the long term. The large dining area is perfect as well.
- Atsugi Kokusai is a good golf course but if a golf course with less congested return traffic were available, I would not mind changing.
- Atsugi Kokusai is hilly course for beginners. I would like to play on the other golf course, but it is difficult to find another course or organize with that much of participants.
- Playing at the blue tee would be more fair.
Comments about party and prizes
- Very good arranged foods and drinks at few places of teeing ground.
- There should be drinks and snacks on the carts, at the very least water bottles.
Comments about pace of play
- The prize presentation was fine but wonder if you Put food and drinks at back of room, players at front to a bit more engaged, put some of the raffle prizes as the game prizes to get a bit more anticipation etc. Just some idea ...
- If I am looking for a place for improvement, then I think the awards ceremony could benefit from more build up/excitement. I'm not sure if itfs the floor layout, or style of program, in combination with everyone in one food line (maybe stations would be better to decentralize), maybe with the long round so people are losing the attention... But by half way through, it seems most people are gone or not paying attention and it all feels a bit anti-climactic. Not sure what the answer is, but I have noticed it both years I have attended and heard similar comments from others sitting around me.
- The number of prizes seemed to be quite a bit less than previous years.
- Maybe just need to tighten up the play process to avoid long waits, multiple groups on tees, etc. But well understood it's a "matsuri" rather than full-on tournament.
- Overall a great experience but a 18 hole tournament that takes 7 and a half hours is quite long. I understand itfs not a competitive tournament but max 5 hours is what it should take for the round. I think there needs to stricter rules that allow either faster play or the players need to have a certain handicap to play.
- A little too long - perhaps reduce maximum score to double par, and try to "strictly" impose that
- Too many groups. Some holes had A, B & C groups
- Too long (play time), use both courses
- Par 3s need more marshaling
- Eliminate 3 flights starting on one whole -- or expand event to use 27 holes at this or another club