To further develop the event, we conducted a survey among the participants. The survey was ran from October 10 - 21, 2016.
We would like to thank all those who participated in this survey. Your feedback, and especially
all the comments we received are very useful guidelines for planning and implementing next year's event!
"It is a great event I look forward to every year. I really appreciate the quality of the event, the sponsors, the prizes and the general fun time had participating in this event. Keep it up!"
Statement from a North American participant
"Super good organization. The concept of free food and drinks along the way is excellent (although the food is a tad basic). Thank you for a great day!"
Statement from a European participant.
"Thanks to the task force and all concerned for putting a great event together. This was my first time and I can see all the effort and hard work put in to have the participants enjoy and make this event a success. "
Statement from a Japanese participant.
WINNERS OF THE DRAWING
We drew six winners among the survey respondents.
Two winners for weekday golf round for four persons at Atsugi Kokusai C.C.
Satoshi Hayashi (NA)
Takeo Nishitani (NA)
Four winners for Premium Family Memberships to HealthyTokyo.com.
Andre Noppe (EU)
Joe Peters (NA)
Mathias Leroy (EU)
Thomas Zaleski (NA
The winners have been notified.
The survey was announced to 118 participants. We did not have email addresses to some of the guests and the organizers were excluded form the total of 151 players that participated in the event.
We received 51 valid responses after removing multiple and incomplete entries.
Thus the response rate is 43.2%, which can be considered good and gives a high statistical significance to the results. 29 of the respondents represented Team Europe, 22 Team North America.
The numbers and graphs below speak for themselves. To see the comments from respondents, scroll down or click here.
1. General opinion about the event?
2. The Course
3. Food & Beverage Service
On the course
At the party
5. Pace of play
6. Main reason why I participated
7. Cost of participation
8. Would you like to play next years event again at Atsugi Kokusai C.C.
COMMENTS FROM RESPONDENTS
29 respondents also gave some comments. Below are all of them, only with minor editing and some shortened for clarity. Also removed are personal comments.
NOTE: Comments from respondents have been split up into below categories, where applicable.
Comments about the club, course and play
- Always a great event. My 3rd time. Well organized and staff, especially caddies were wonderful. Thanks so much!
- Another excellently managed event with special note that the food at the after party this year seemed noticeably better than in the past. Well done. it would have been helpful for everyone to have been alerted about the traffic problems by the organizers as I later learned that the roadwork being done had been ongoing and was finishing that day.
- I think the event was very well organized. Looking forward for the next event. Great Job
- Bus arrangements were very good as well! With 4 nearest to pin, I wonder if it is also possible to add a 2nd longest drive hole. Maybe for women only?! Awesome prizes!!!
- Excellent event, thank you.
- Excellent organized and exciting event.
- Fantastic work again by organizing team. So professional and detailed, very high standard, impressing. Always enjoy the format, mixing two team.
- Great event with great prizes ! Really enjoyed it and looking forward to next year
- Great event, my first time but it won't be my last, but the after event was great and could even be a little bit longer to allow more networking...
- I got followings prizes. No5 Near pin prize (Mercedes Benz weekend driving ticket) Chanel watch It was very happy day in my life. Thank you.
- It is a great event I look forward to every year. I really appreciate the quality of the event, the sponsors, the prizes and the general fun time had participating in this event. Keep it up!
- It's very excellent to have Major Brand Sponsored. The request as following, 1) please assign team table in party 2) we can't have food as no food in center table. Share food by each table
- Overall great day with great prizes. Play was a little slow but didn't feel that slow on the course as there wasn't a lot of waiting around.
- Super good organization. The concept of free food and drinks along the way is excellent (although the food is a tad basic). Thank you for a great day!
- Thank you for total arrangement of this wonderful event. I very look forward to joining next year again.
- Thank every members of organizing committee for fantastic arrangements.
- Thank you for a great event!
- Thank you for all of your contribution/effort on the event, hope to see you next year!
- Thank you for excellent arrangement. Enjoyed a lot.
- Thank you for organizing the event. Even though the same guy wins every year, our team enjoyed the event! We would like to see Asuka-chan again at the event! Thank you for organizing the wonderful event!
Thanks to the task force and all concerned for putting a great event together.
- This was my first time and I can see all the effort and hard work put in to have the participants enjoy and make this event a success. Though the beer was caught up in traffic and greatly effected my game for the first few holes, I had a fabulous day out. Thanks again and looking forward to next year.
Comments about food and drinks
- While it might be interesting to try another course, I heard that the new holes will be ready by next year so in some respects it will be a new course.
Concerning the course condition, good green with good speed, but many non-repaired pitch... Effort needed from all players.
- Atsugi Kokusai is a good course convenient located from the city. I don't mind playing a different course but I don't have much complaint about Atsugi Kokusai.
- I also suggest to organize the games with similar hcp, as much as possible, depending on the request from the players. For example, players with hcp 0 to 12 together, then hcp 12 to 24 and 24 yo 36. It will create internal competition and then more fun. Best hcp players could play from back tea also (except for longest drive and nearest to pin contest holes).
- Suggestion, it might be fun to bring in a scramble format.
Comments about party and prizes
- The on course drinks are very good. On course food could better. Burgers look very dry and unappealing. Suggest more snack food rather than meals. Maybe some fruit. The after play food is plenty and tastes great.
- I would like to see more variety of food and beer at the F/B stops,
- One improvement could be to also offer sweet food, like fruit, banana, cereal bar, chocolate,... On the course.
- More cold soft drinks at the start.
Comments about pace of play
- There were people who were complaining about the tournament prizes for women.
- The game prize should be spread towards all the players. Considering to give prize to low net (1st through 3rd) and 7th, 10th, 20th, 30th, boobie, etc., so that everyone has chance of winning the prize.
Comments about an alternative course
- Can not complain about the pace of the play. Also the good thing is that while is th the tournament is starting via shot gun which saves time
- Backup on 1-2 holes, but otherwise OK
- Maybe a course with longer holes.
- Another course in the area (Sagamihara ??)
- President Gold
- Shishido Hills or Shizu hills country
- It's far from Chiba prefecture people, I would like recommend Chiba Golf Course across over Aqualine bridge.