To be able to further develope this event, we made a survey among the participants. The survey was conducted between 5 and 16 October.
We would like to thank all those who participated in this survey. Your feedback, and especially
all the comments we received are very useful guidelines for planning and implementing next years event!
"Overall, just a real class event. By far the most professional arrangement being done in Japan and that has a focus on the international community."
Statement from a European participant
"As on the previous occasions, I enjoyed immensely the Tournament this time, which was very well organaized and managed despite the unfortunate weather conditions. Thank you."
Statement from a Japanese participant.
"It was a great event. It was the first time I participated, but I am already looking forward to next time."
Statement from an American participant
WINNERS OF THE DRAWING
Among those who participate in this survey we drew for winners for:
- Two voucher for a 6-month subscription to
The Wall Street Journal Asia
Scott Erickson (EU)
Hidehiko Yamaguchi (NA)
- Dale Carnegie 12 week course either in
Japanese or English in Tokyo
- Erik Noeklebye
The survey was announced to 116 participants (we did not have email addresses to some of the guests and the organizers were excluded form the total of 126 players that participated in the event).
We received 74 valid responses after removing multiple and incomplete entries.
Thus the response rate is 63.8%, which can be considered very good and gives a high statistical significance to the results. 35 of the respondents represented Team Europe, 33 Team North America (6 respondents did not give their name).
The numbers and graphs below speak for themselves. To see the comments from respondents, scroll down or click here.
1. General opinion about the event?
2. The Course
3. Food & Beverage Service
On the course
At the party
5. Pace of play
6. Main reason why I participated
7. Cost of participation
8. Would you like to play next years event again at Atsugi Kokusai C.C.
COMMENTS FROM RESPONDENTS
42 respondents also gave some comments. Below are almost all of them, only with minor editing.
Comments about the club, course and play
- Despite the weather and difficult conditions, overall it was a great day.
- A fabulous Event and a highlight of my golfing calendar!
- Thank you for the arrangement of this great event. All was very nice, especially the "Present" from the companies.
- Prefer the play fee in the weekday around 15,000-17,000.
- Always a highlight of the business networking calendar. Thank you to all for another terrific event.
- Another very good golf day, event if it was raining well done Look forward to play again next year.
- Another excellent performance by the Task Force. Many thanks. Despite the awful weather it was still possible to enjoy the D&C tournament. That's an achievement.
- Thank you very much for such a memorable day.
- Bit expensive for weekday play. but easy to access to the course. thank you anyway. I enjoyed a lot!
- Considering the weather conditions, which none of us have any ability to control, I believe the Event was well planned and executed. Thanks for considering my opinions and looking forward to next year's Event. .
- Cost can be a little lower but all and all every one did an great job to make this a great event
- Even though it rained constantly it was a fantastic day and event!
- Excellent organisation.
- Excellent preparation; very professionally managed the event. Thank you!
- For me as a retiree living abroad it was a great opportunity catching up with old friends. Thanks for letting me play
- For some reasons, I did not find the pace of play as bothering as last year. There is always great enthusiasm on the part of the organizers and participants. A great occasion to socialize.
- Great event - compliment to the organizers!
- Had a great time in the rain!
- I want revenge on the course!! I will beat it next year!!
- I wish to say my utmost THANKS to all organizers and volunteers of the event.
- Is the gentleman that was attacked by the trophy OK? I suggest that someone invest in some glue!
Comment: Yes, Tommy Kullberg escaped with some scraches and a slight headache .
- Under the quite watery circumstances, a great event and great organization!! PLEASE fix the cup into ONE PIECE for next year .... so that the European Captain will not be hurt in 2010!!!!!
- It was again a great event. Thank you for organizing such event and I enjoyed very much.
- Next year, let's pray a little harder to the weather god for a cool day underneath some sunshine.
- Please make the Trophy in one piece, not three!!! Arrangements & Fun factor very good bearing in mind the lousy weather.
- Once again, a great event. Nice prizes, good food and good fun.
- Thank you for another excellent event!
- Advance organizaion of the event was excellent. A pity for the bad weather this year, hoping sunshin or just cloudy next year. More attention to safety would be next year's important agenda.
- Thank you very much to the member of task force.
- Thanks to the committee members for prepartion and leadership. Please make sure to get better weather for next year!
- Too bad for the rain, otherwise a good event.
- Very good event, but the course condition was so bad because of the weather. Thanks for all staffs to make this event successful.
- I want to thank you again for this outstanding event. And I really appreciate to attend and looking forward to next year.
Comments about food and drinks
- Everything was so good excepting caddy.
- Any possibiilty that we could play the West Course?
- Comment on the course: The score was lower than it probably would be if the weather conditions was better.
Atsugi Kokusai was good, except I wasn't very impressed with our caddie.
- Even though it's more a social event than a competitive, I think that many players are fare to flexible when it comes to following the rules of R&A. It's difficult to object to rule braking behavior when most of the participant are here to have fun. But having participated 4 times now, I doubt the validity of many of the scores. I think/feel/know that the behavior regarding following the rules are being more and more sloppy. In this perspective and having in mind that I am a very competitive person, I feel that there are too little focus on participants playing the best golf. That is the lowest scores, not counting handicap. And it is my general experience that player with a lower handicap are more strict when it comes to following the rules. I might be wrong, but that's my experience from participating in many national and international senior elite championship events. It's like the social part is being upgraded on the cost of the competitive part. I don't know how to revert this tendency, but I know that it is annoying me. Basically following the rules and give prices to the best golfers should not be in contradition to having fun - on the contrary.
- The Caddie in my group (and the group behind and in front of me) were not aware of the rule for Par 3 holes, whereby players once their balls were all on the green, should stand back to allow players on the tee to hit their tee shots in order to help speed up the pace of play.
- Considering we are playing on a weekday 21,000 is a bit steep given that many other courses are now offering much lower fees.
- The only downside was the pace of play, but that wasn't too bad for our group.
- Expecting good weather at next time, course itself is very charrenging wonderfull course and beatifull one among many courses.
- Because of heavy rain with bad condition, caddy didn't respond quickly to player's request, such as club preparation, green condition, course advise, etc..
Comments about party and prizes
- I liked the concept of being able to make your own burger, but did not get the opportunity to do so, as they were sold out each time I got to a food stop.
- Food after the party can be cut back, I believe, as there seemed to be a lot left over. This is most likely due to the timing.
- Everyone eats on the course, and eating again at 4:00 is an odd time - too soon after lunch, too soon before dinner.
- I would also like to thank you for tightening up the catering arrangements on the course. The choice of food items was intelligent and they all tasted very good indeed. I heard numerous compliments about the hamburgers which really were delicious. The food was also available at the early rest hut stops which was a minor problem last year. The food at the party was pretty good too but can we put in a special request for french fries / buffalo fries / chips. They clearly have a deep fryer and it would have been great to put a few bowls of hot fries on the table to go with the beer. Other than that, it's hard to fault your organisation of this event. Well done and thank you.
- On course food had lower standard than we are used to.
Comments about an alternative course
- May be find a way to be equitable in prize distribution?
- The prizes seemed to be a bit mundane this year and fewer. Perhaps it's harder to get companies to donate in this economy so it's a tough job, I'm sure, to get quality & quantity prizes. Still, the standard old prizes of clubs & bags - when most players have those things - is a bit stale.
- It would be nice to offer other prizes on some of the holes other than the par 3's and long drive holes.
- Prizes seem to be getting fewer as the years go on. Not so much for the top finishers, but for the rest of the gang. It would be nice to see the prizes that are available divided up better. Rather than 3 or 4 things for first place, a few other people could leave feeling better. That being said, if prizes are the reason to participate, then I guess it would be better to learn to play better or play in smaller events where there is a higher prize percentage.
- The trophy should be attached to the trophy stand.... Great event all in all and great prizes. Thanks very much
- Another possibility might be Kazusa Monarch CC. I have had events there in the past and it was really fantastic.
- Harunanomori CC
- Taiheyo Narita